Friday, June 17, 2011

Thank you!

Today I want to write about you. You adventurers (that is what I shall call you when I refer to you my readers) have been really amazing. I started the blog thinking “why the heck not”, without expecting much. But you guys have come out of nowhere and have been so supportive, encouraging, and candid in the comments, on twitter, and on Facebook.

I did not anticipate that I would reach so many people so soon, and I don’t just mean the number of followers. I’ve gotten countless messages and comments from people (that I don’t otherwise know) about how grateful they are to have found the blog, and how thankful they are for what I am doing here. I did not expect that at all. So thank you. Thank you for sharing what I am doing here with your friends. Thank you for sharing yourselves in our comments. Thank you for asking me important questions. Thank you for supporting me and encouraging me as I open myself and my thoughts up to you. Thanks for the adventure!

Want to hear how we’re doing? Currently we have 90+ likes on Facebook. As the blog is only a month old, this is quite a few. Twitter now has over 500 followers. We’ve seen almost 700 unique visitors to the blog, with more than 500 people returning at least once.

Considering that I started this blog without expectations, this blows my mind.

It makes me happy that what I have to say is touching so many people. It inspires me that people see value in the words we’re sharing. But most of all I appreciate the comments. Something I appreciate the most is the community we’re building here. I so appreciate it when you post an important question in a comment, and another adventurer responds with advice, or you ask a question about something I wrote that makes me think. This means a lot to me. So thanks for that. I try to reply to all the comments. So keep the conversation rolling, adventurers! And thanks for reading.
Sincerely,

KR Munro

3 comments:

  1. Gratitude will get you everywhere, my dear. ;) You're building a community here, which I appreciate. I'm hoping to do the same. Keep being awesome, Kell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I'm a part of your community, Chris, so I think you already have, my friend. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way i look at it, if there is even one person who I can reach I am doing a good job... you are doing great so far!

    ReplyDelete